Created into the depth of the Canutes woods, the farm of Bois Richeux holds its name from a druidess called Richeulde.
In 1178, established as a frank area under supervision of Chartres cathedral, it gathers the first free peasants.
During the Middle-Ages, this ancient Gallic farm covers at least 1000 hectares and employs several hundreds of peasants.
In 1674, it is purchased by Madame de Maintenon and Louis XIV.


Green oasis on an “ocean of corn”, the garden of Bois Richeux is a manor garden from Middle-Ages.
An interpretation of the enclose garden as described in the XIIIth century.
Simples, aromatics and ancient vegetables are cultivated to feed the body and the mind.
Each flower-bed recalls the path that leads from the square of earth to to the roman circle of heaven.


Perfumed Concert on June in the Garden

Bois Richeux and of Mozart lovers listened to extracts of Delighted Flute interpreted by Acanthus group.

In the charming cloister’s shadow, in softness of a nice summer evening, each had in hand its sweet-scented cardboard-fan.

Le Prix Villandry sera remis à Bois Richeux

Le samedi 25 juin 2011 à 16 heures, Henri Carvallo, propriétaire du Château de Villandry remettra le Prix Villandry à Alix et Hubert Mourot, en présence de Jean de Lambertye, Président de La Demeure Historique, de la presse et des personnalités de la Région Centre et du Département d’Eure et Loir.

Le prix Villandry 2010 a récompensé la création du Jardin Médiéval de Bois Richeux.

Un Parfum d’herbes euphorisantes à Bois Richeux

Bois Richeux 1178, le nouveau parfum de Bois Richeux sera baptisé en présence de ses marraines avant le concert parfumé.

C’est un parfum composé des huiles essentielles de 9 végétaux aromatiques cultivés à Bois Richeux et choisis pour leurs propriétés euphorisantes.

Sa fragrance évoque les jonchées d’herbes fraiches, les siestes folles, le mystère de la forêt des Carnutes et la douceur des caravansérails.

Il sera disponible dans la nouvelle boutique du jardin, sur internet et chez Maître Parfumeur et Gantier 5, rue des Capucines 75001 Paris.